Woodstock Church in Panama City Beach, Florida is currently seeking a full-time Worship Pastor who will join us in making Christ known on the gulf coast of Florida. He will lead the congregation to a heart of worship that is honoring to God and brings to life the elements of worship in its many forms. This includes leading the production team, recruiting/scheduling/organizing worship teams for all services, and producing special music events. He will also serve as a spiritual leader to those involved with the musical worship teams and the congregation at large. Working in partnership with the other pastors and leaders he will be responsible to help us fulfill our vision, priorities and strategy.
We are looking for:
- a man with an authentic growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- a man consistently committed to Bible reading, study, prayer, and sanctification as a Christian in all of life.
- a believer who holds a passionate and firm understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- a spouse/parent (if appropriate) who prioritizes ministry to his wife and children.
- a pastor who not only meets the Biblical qualifications for leadership within the church (1 Tim. 3, Titus 1), but who is also growing in pastoral character, knowledge, and skill. His shepherd’s heart enables him to use his gifts to comfort, counsel, convict, challenge, and equip others.
- a pastor whose understanding of God’s word shapes and guides his decisions and his selection of music.
- a musician with strong vocal and instrumental ability who can effectively lead the congregation and fellow musicians to worship God through a variety of musical styles.
- a servant leader and teammate who demonstrates genuine humility as evidenced by the ability to listen to and work with people from all walks of life.
- a leader equipped to lead the worship with zeal and skill. He will work in partnership with and under the authority of the pastors of the Woodstock Church family.
Our worship pastor must have:
- at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s level degree is preferable but not required. His experience should include some training in both vocal and instrumental music.
- significant skill and gifting in both singing and in playing at least one primary instrument that can be utilized in leading worship. An understanding of how different instrumentalists work together effectively is required.
- at minimum, two years of full-time worship leadership experience OR three years of significant part-time worship leadership experience. This experience including a wide variety of worship style environments is a big plus.
- excellent references that can testify not only to his skills and leadership ability but also to his character.
- technical skills (or the ability to learn how) to utilize a wide variety of equipment including computers, sound systems, video projection equipment and software, digital audio recording, etc.
Our worship pastor will:
- lead the congregation and worship team to use their voices and instruments to worship God consistently and effectively. He will fulfill the role of lead worshiper in all regularly scheduled worship services.
- recruit, train, and organize all instrumental, vocal and technical worship team members.
- oversee all areas of the worship ministry at Woodstock Church in PCB. (the purpose, plan, product, and people) AND all church related digital and print media (website, facebook, worship media, printed bulletins, etc.)
- produce special worship events or musically oriented outreach events in line with our vision and strategy.
- coordinate the worship ministry with the other pastors to fulfill the purpose and strategy of the church.
- pastor the worship team(s) included but not limited to their rehearsals, musical development, commitment to excellence, spiritual growth and development, and teaching a Biblical philosophy of worship.
- grow by observing, reading about, studying and conversing with other successful worship leaders.
- share the gospel consistently and joyfully in all of life.
- join the membership of this church and agree to uphold our church’s covenant and statement of faith. All believing family members will also join the membership of our church.
- participate in all aspects of congregational life including but not limited to small groups, fellowship events, evangelism and service projects, and leadership training. In other words, we want you (and your wife/family) to be a committed church family member.
- commit to working an average of at least forty hours a week with the understanding that on some occasions this exempt, salaried position may require additional hours. He will maintain regularly scheduled office hours and will communicate with his supervisor when he is accomplishing ministry tasks offsite.
Our church will:
- provide compensation determined by experience and qualifications. Annual reviews of his salary, based upon his performance and church growth, may result in additional income. Candidates from outside Florida should be aware that costs of living are high and often necessitate a two-income family in most church ministry situations.
- grant two weeks of paid vacation and up to one week of conference/training time upon supervisor’s approval.
- provide: books/materials allowance, and a conference/convention expenses fund for approved events.
- supervise, give feedback, and provide accountability through the pastors. This person’s primary supervisor will be the campus pastor.
- coordinate ministry with the pastors through weekly staff/pastor meetings and other leadership gatherings.
- be your church family. We are good at loving, encouraging, building up, and caring for our family of faith.
Want to take the next step?
- Pray. Please don’t send us your information unless God has burdened you to consider this position.
- Learn. Go to our website at fbcw.org and especially pcb.woodstockchurch.tv. to discover all you can about our church and our community.
- Send the following to: [email protected]
- cover letter and resume
- link to a video/audio demo. If you have an audio CD or DVD you would like to send us, you can mail it to:
Attn: Campus Pastor
17495 Panama City Beach Parkway
Panama City Beach, FL 32413
- Please do not call the church office before an interview request