The Springs Church is looking for an energetic and outgoing Youth Pastor who can equip students to know and follow Jesus one step at a time! We are looking for an ‘out of the box’ discipler of students who has a history of meeting students where they are - spiritually and physically! We are looking for someone who has a desire to gather students within and beyond The Springs and allow the love of Jesus to impact students through relationships. We want our Youth Pastor to spend more time with students than he does in his office! We are looking for a self-starter who can help breathe new life into our student ministry!
Philosophy of Ministry:
- We value character over people skills and people skills over professional skills. Both are important, but skill and expertise are worthless without love, grace, and fruits of the Spirit.
- We value discipleship and teamwork. We believe that the Holy Spirit gives all believers gifts. Therefore, leadership and decision making will be shared with volunteers and team members.
- We value interdependence as opposed to independence or dependence. The Youth Pastor should be a strong leader, but not a controller, and be able to minister effectively in partnership with strong leaders and gifted individuals.
- The Student Ministry Pastor is hired as an expert in their area of ministry, but must also welcome and desire accountability from senior staff and the Elders.
- We value a strong work ethic that balances church and personal commitments.
- Lead by example - follow Jesus in such a way that excites and engages the next generation! Allow them to see your walk with Jesus on a regular basis!
- Create safe, secure, and FUN environments that students desire to be at and hate when they miss!
- Teach Scripture with integrity in a way that is relevant and applicable to students from various backgrounds!
- Disciple students through relationships and help them identify clear next steps in their walk with Jesus!
- Develop opportunities to build relationships with students who are not a part of The Springs.
Responsibilities with Students:
- Spend time with them! - at church, at small group, at their school, at their extracurricular activities, etc.
- Create opportunities for students to form relationships with each other!
- Make sure new students feel welcome, connected, and are followed up within a timely manner.
- Equip and encourage students to invite their friends to attend any and all student ministry activities and events.
- Maintain sexual integrity in relationships with students.
Responsibilities with Volunteers:
- Be in regular communication with the SGLs (Small Group Leaders) as well as the Sunday morning volunteers regarding expectations and discipleship.
- Find opportunities for students to lead within the student ministry.
- Support and celebrate SGLs on a regular basis.
- Recruit, train, and onboard new volunteers as opportunities arise.
- Oversee the teaching schedule, curriculum, and small group material that is implemented by the student ministry team.
Responsibilities with Parents:
- Be in regular communication with parents regarding content, events, meeting times and dates, and details that pertain to all things student ministry.
- Cultivate relationships with parents through time spent.
- Understand that parents are the primary disciple-makers of their students and support them in any way that you can.
The Springs Church Staff Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend bi-monthly family ministry team meetings
- Attend and participate in weekly worship services
- Be present to serve on Easter, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Experience leading and growing a student ministry
- Someone who loves to spend time with students
- Proven track record of gathering and investing in the personal lives of students
- Comfortable leading a team of volunteers
- Growing relationship with Jesus
- Works well on a team
- Loves spending time with students
- High integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Desires and prioritizes excellence
Education and Experience:
- Three years of experience and a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Seminary or further training is a great bonus
- Former experience in a para-church ministry such as Young Life or K-Life is an excellent background for this position
- Must be in agreement with The Springs Statement of Faith at https://www.thesprings.church/about/what-we-believe/
- Salary: $30-40K (plus benefits) dependent on experience