We are currently searching for a full-time Student Pastor to join our team. We are looking to hire this position in June or July of 2020. If you are interested, please read through the job description and submit a resume, cover letter, teaching sample, and 3 references.
About our Student Ministry
Currently, our Student Ministry is lead by our Lead Pastor. We have 8-10 adults that work with 25-30 students (6th-12th grade). We have a weekly meeting that consists of games, worship, teaching, and small groups that takes place on Wednesday nights. We go to CIY conferences and special events through the summer and school year.
About the Student Pastor Job
We hire around the 3 C’s; Character, Competency, and Chemistry. We are looking for someone who has a passion for student ministry.
Primary Objectives: Student Ministry (6-12th grades)
Secondary Objectives: Local and Global Service & Missions
Hours: Full-time 40-50 hours weekly
- Reports to Lead Pastor
- Leads Student Ministry Team
- Serves on Show Love Team
1. Develop and lead ministry specific to 6th-12th graders.
- Build relationships with youth and adult volunteers for the growth of the student ministry.
- Recruit & train adult volunteers to work student ministry
- Develop student ministry leadership team (adults/students)
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
2. Run Programming
- Wednesday Night Large Groups
- Sunday Morning Program
- Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events and classes.
3. Missions Trips
- Church-wide and student-specific
4. Summer camping & CIY
5. Community Involvement
6. Building relationships outside of church
7. Lend leadership and cooperation with all areas of church.
8. Use skills and talents within all areas of church.