JOB TITLE: Marketing Specialist
STATUS: Full-time Equivalent (36-Hour Work Week)
To serve on the Customer Engagement Hub; and provide design and marketing support for all promotional aspects of WMU, including print, email, web & social media platforms.
• Participate and assist in the creation of integrated marketing strategies, including plans for print and electronic media, automated marketing processes, and catalogs. Write marketing copy as assigned.
• Implement product development strategy. Review new product proposals and conduct market research.
• Evaluate products with regard to function, performance, and market.
• Monitor, review, and analyze WMU online content for SEO. Stay updated on search engine algorithms and behaviors. Develop effective and measurable keywords, call-to-action, and linkbuilding strategies.
• Manages the paid advertising process.
• Serve as a liaison between hubs in the creation, development, and implementation of exhibits and display for events. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing.
• Three to five years’ work-related experience.
• Analytical skills and the ability to think strategically.
• Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrate ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Ability to work collaboratively; flexibility; teamwork; and high degree of initiative.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management programs (Infusionsoft preferred).
• Member of the Christian faith and Baptist church involvement on the local level.