LakeRidge is seeking a Christ-centered, team-oriented leader to facilitate spiritual growth groups and to oversee a broad-based discipleship pathway with the goal of seeing people mature spiritually.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Manage and coach adult area ministry staff to develop specific goals and timelines for each ministry area aligned with the overall ministry plan of the church (Adult area staff include: Prayer Team; New Member/Hospitality; Pastoral Care; Singles; Missions)
• Coordinate Men’s and Women’s Ministry by building and resourcing lay leaders.
• Train and direct staff to develop and empower lay leadership for all ministries.
• Facilitate staff and ministry teams to establish synergy and alignment with the vision of the church
• Work with Hospitality Director to refine and implement systems and processes for moving persons from first time guests toward becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ (a seamless experience)
• Engage in leadership development according to gifts and graces
• Ensure that policies in employee handbook are followed. Review and approve requests for leave from direct report staff.
• Facilitate adult area ministry staff in developing budgets. Hold staff accountable to work within budget guidelines and policies.
• Recruit, train and resource leaders for spiritual growth groups
• Coordinate publicity and registration for spiritual growth groups including brochures, announcements, testimonies, etc.
• Recruit, train and resource leaders/teachers of Adult Sunday school classes
• Commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
• Commitment to vision of LRUMC
• Demonstrated capability in managing persons – particularly volunteers
• Demonstrated competence in teaching.
• Experience in resolving conflict
• Partner with Lead Pastor and other staff
• Integrity/ mutual confidentiality
• Lead effective, collaborative, productive team meetings