Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Assistant will resource the Lead and Executive Pastors to allow The Church @ Clayton Crossings to accomplish their mission of doing whatever it takes to help people find and follow Jesus. The Executive Assistant will maintain confidentiality as a trusted member of the Executive Team. He or she will support the Lead and Executive Pastors through administrative and ministerial responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment in a growing church. The Executive Assistant must exercise good judgment, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, plus administrative and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant is the primary contact person for both the Lead and Executive Pastors on all matters requiring their attention.
Competencies and Expectations
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, personal, and growing relationship with Him, evidenced by attitude and behavior.
• Understanding of the mission, vision, values, and strategy of The Church @ Clayton Crossings.
• Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
• Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and leadership.
• Maintain cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
• Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
• Ability to learn and use Church-Community Builder software.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office software.
• Editing and proofreading ability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Engage guests and partners at The Church @ Clayton Crossings through written communication.
• In concert with the Communications Director, oversee weekly communication for worship services (weekly program, sermon notes, and announcements for YouVersion and Crossings Live applications).
• Manage follow-up processes for Lead and Adult Discipleship pastors.
• Maintain Lead and Executive Pastors’ schedules
• Makes appointments for pastors while redirecting those appointments that can be appropriately handled by another pastoral staff member.
• Enters meetings, conferences, and church-wide activities onto the calendar at the pastors’ request.
• Handles all travel plans and preparation for missions, conference, and speaking engagements.
• Assist with meeting preparation for Lead and Executive pastors.
• Aids in preparation for meetings through the production of documents, handouts, reports, meals, reminders, etc.
• Records meeting minutes (when requested) and assists in ensuring meetings proceed in a professional and timely manner
• Receive and process telephone calls and emails for the Lead and Executive Pastor.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead or Executive Pastor.
Job type: Part-time (29 hours per week)
Overtime available: No
New Vision Ministries
TWR - Trans World Radio
TWR - Trans World Radio
Second Baptist Church (Springfield, MO)
Linked UP Church
National Community Church
Danielsville Evangelical Church