The Children’s Ministry Director role works to advance the overall mission of Oasis Church by championing the growth throughout the Life Development ministries at Oasis Church which consists of the ages of birth, middle school, high school and young adults.
To be the chief visionary leadership and oversight to Oasis Kids. To ensure the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision and mission of Oasis Church.
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level
- Provide leadership, development, and direction for the Oasis Kids Ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to Oasis Kids Ministry.
- Visits classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise. Teaches classes as needed
- Intentional visits of experiences to review policy and procedures are being executed.
- Build and develop the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, which consists of key committed and gifted volunteers
- Catalyze and Champion the recruiting, training and developing of volunteers.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up
- Plan and oversee special events such as Easter, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, etc.
- Provide shared oversight and partnership with our ministry to children and students with special needs
- Provide oversight to Children’s Ministry budget and help develop the budgetary needs for upcoming years
- Works with Buildings and Grounds for repairs
- Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes making every effort to attend all staff functions (i.e. – staff meetings, retreats, planning sessions, etc.)
- Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events, even if they do not directly affect the Family Ministry.
- Share in the responsibility of ministerial responsibilities, including, but not limited to: Hospital visits, Minister on call/Go-to Minister duties, Leadership at events, Team preaching