Ability to sing, lead musicians and singers, arrange and orchestrate music, conduct choir and orchestra, develop musicians, singers, and leaders, plan and execute seasonal productions/concerts, demonstrate effective written and oral communication, maintain good organizational skills, resolve conflict, use Sibelius or equivalent music notation software.
1. Develop an order of service, including a worship set and other service elements, that contributes to what God wants to accomplish in each service.
2. In consultation with the Lead Pastor, evaluate new music for compatibility with the sound and syle of WCAG music and make adjustments to the music as needed.
3. Incorporate international elements into the arrangement of select choir songs in keeping with the sound and syle of WCAG music.
4. Find or create modern arrangments of traditional hymns and songs with orchestrations in keeping with the sound and syle of WCAG music.
5. Lead vocal and band rehearsals for the adult worship service.
6. Develop leaders who can lead vocal and band rehearsals for the adult, youth, and children's worship services.
7. Recruit and develop musicians and vocalists for adult, youth, and children's worship teams.
8. Recruit for, rehearse, and conduct the choir.
9. Recruit for, rehearse, and conduct the orchestra.
10. Plan and execute seasonal concerts, with dramatic elements integrated appropriately.
11. Incorporate international visual elements, such as dance, dress, and stage design, as appropriate.
12. Serve as a resource for youth Fine Arts.
1. Recruit for and oversee the sound team, or develop and oversee a sound team leader.
2. Recruit for and oversee the projection and lights team, or develop and oversee a projection and lights team leader.
3. Recruit for and oversee the video team, or develop and oversee a video team leader.
4. Troubleshoot sound, projection, light, and video issues as needed.
5. Oversee the execution of the sound, projection, lighting, and video elements of seasonal concerts.
1. Develop and oversee the annual budget of the Worship and Creative Arts department.
2. Maintain international and intergenerational diversity within the Worship and Creative Arts department.
3. Oversee printed and digital communication for the Worship and Creative Arts department.
4. Assist the pastoral team in planning and executing church-wide events.