Basic Personal Responsibilities
● Conducts themselves in such a manner that models authentic Christianity by maintaining a consistent relationship with the Lord and maintaining stable mental and emotional well-being.
● Demonstrates care and concern towards fellow workers, members of the congregation and the community, and demonstrates a servant’s attitude at all times.
● Endorses and displays support of the church’s mission, vision, values and operating principles.
● Responsible for being the champion for all mission endeavors of Rivertree Church, locally, nationally and globally.
● Oversees Rivertree’s mission strategy making sure it aligns and supports the church’s mission and core values.
● Cast clear Missions strategy that includes both the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
● Engages with the Rivertree Mission team to evaluate past, present and future mission opportunities.
● Develops a mission calendar that gives opportunities for the people of Rivertree to actively engage in mission activities.
● Creates and implements a mission’s communication strategy that keeps Rivertree aware of mission opportunities, needs and successes.
● Works with the Generational Ministers to provide missions education to all age groups.
● Focus on both reached and unreached people groups as well as local, regional, and international partnerships.
● Disciple of Jesus who desires to serve Him by being employed in this position.
● Accomplishment of receiving a four year college degree with preference given for a Seminary level degree.
● Minimum of five years of church or on-the-field missions experience.
● Ability to plan, organize, direct and oversee missions ministry.
● Demonstrates ability to cultivate relationships and rally others around ministry vision and goals.
● Capable of recruiting and equipping persons for various volunteer positions vital to the ministry.
● Track record of success leading teams to achieve measurable goals.
● Demonstrated project management/administration/organizational skills.
● Demonstrated training and communication skills.
● Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
● Effective Bible teacher/preacher.
● Works with Director of Guest Services and Discipleship Pastor to assimilate the people of Rivertree into places of ministry.
● Plans and coordinates all mission endeavors of Rivertree in collaboration with the Mission Team.
● Works with current mission partners and routinely evaluate these partners to see if they align with Rivertree’s mission and values.
● Coordinates with the Mission Team to seek out potential new mission partners, presenting these to the Elders for approval.
● Prepare with the Missions Team a yearly Mission Ministry Budget.
● Leads and/or recruits and trains team leaders for all mission trips.
● Works with Discipleship Pastor to help Life Groups engage in missions.
● Collaborates with the Student Pastor to provide mission opportunities for students.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
● Full-time as defined by Work Day - Work Week Expectation Policy.
● Salary discussed and agreed upon by Rivertree and employee.
● Benefits granted in alignment with Rivertree Personnel Policies.