Washington Cathedral is looking for someone who wants to grow professionally as they grow the size and faith-life of the youth ministry. The ideal candidate has passion for reaching unchurched young people, the ability to coordinate and develop exciting ministries as you lift up your team, and a love of Jesus and education. The candidate may also have previously worked in an interdenominational church – have been a lead pastor or youth pastor with a few years’ experience.
- Pay range: $40,000 - $50,000 per year
- Excellent Health Insurance – medical, dental, vision
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental Leave
- Professional development assistance, including ordination track, preaching opportunities
- Will work in a positive environment with supportive staff
- Cultural Fit: Candidate must fit the culture of Washington Cathedral:
- Bringing together diverse groups as a reflection of the Kingdom of God
- Embracing intellectual thought and education as a means to authenticity and sincere faith
- Reaching those who are not from a churched background with the good news of Jesus
- Focused on people and relationships including accepting a playful staff
- Humility – not trying to assume any one person knows the best way to do this.
- Work ethic – being willing to work hard and be accountable for work hours.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher education
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) or Doctor of Ministry (D.Min) preferred
- Have the gift of evangelism
- Public Speaking
- Organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Productivity tools such as Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe Designs
- Web skills
- Being creative and fun
- Driver’s License
- Being bilingual is beneficial
- Oversee middle school and high school ministries midweek program, Sunday program, and campus.
- Reach unchurched young people as well as discipling current youth.
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Be a part of the church preaching team and contribute to raising the bar of excellence in worship services
- Works as a team with other staff members
- Willing to be coached and accountable to senior staff
Washington Cathedral welcomes all applicants to apply, and does not discriminate against gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation/identity.