Forest Park Baptist Church is a multi-site church looking for a campus pastor to lead a campus running about 250. We need a driven, productive leader who is passionate about building relationships and volunteer teams. The Lead Pastor develops sermon outlines that you will preach live three times a month, with the Lead Pastor preaching by video the other Sunday. Key duties include developing staff, enlisting and leading LifeGroup leaders, and raising up ministry volunteers to create dynamic environments that help people take their next step toward God. Applicants should have a proven track record of producing spiritual and numerical growth and strongly support our core values of evangelism, grace, sacrifice, simplicity, excellence, innovation, and unity. The campus pastor implements the vision of the Lead Pastor and leads people to live out our church's DNA. Key skills include the ability to facilitate a worship service that the unchurched love to attend, to create LifeGroups for community and discipleship, and to motivate everyone to serve in church ministries. Compensation is competitive for campuses of this size. Send resume by email to [email protected]
- Essential Qualifications for Ministerial Staff
- Must be a dedicated Christian of Southern Baptist faith
- Must be willing to become a member of Forest Park
- Must show capabilities to plan, organize, schedule, delegate responsibilities, demonstrate wise stewardship, and implement the total church vision, strategy, and values
- Personality characteristics should include the following: honesty, tactfulness, integrity, courtesy, cooperation, confidence, friendliness, enthusiasm, optimism, cheerfulness, loyalty, sense of humor
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities in area of ministry
- Willingness to serve with team approach to ministry.
Principal Function: To strengthen a campus numerically and spiritually by leading its members to take their next step toward God
Primary Duty: To train, encourage, and grow staff and volunteers for the building up of the body of Christ. Ref. Eph. 4:11-13
- Provide leadership to assigned areas in the staff organizational chart.
- Recruit, train, guide, and evaluate paid and volunteer workers in your area of ministry.
- Coordinate the effective use of equipment and resources within area of ministry.
- Submit program budgets to appropriate church leaders and to administer programs within budget limits.
- Follow church financial procedures.
- Build spiritual maturity in the lives of the volunteers and staff with whom you serve.
- Set appropriate goals for your ministry and to lead in the achieving of those goals.
- Maintain a spirit of evangelistic outreach.
Expectations of Forest Park pastoral staff
- Regular devotions and Bible study
- Staff meeting attendance
- Weekly ministry reports
- Continuing education opportunities
- Attend no less than one worship service every weekend
- Tithing (10% or more to Forest Park)
- Invest, Invite, Involve (I3) outreach involvement
- Solid financial management of church funds
- Loyalty to Forest Park and the church vision and ministry
- Live out Forest Park's Code and Staff Behavioral Values
- Church and Campus Leadership
- Serve as main report from Campus to Lead Pastor, and assist Lead Pastor with church vision design and implementation as a member of Lead team member, serve as ministry liaison to various church ministries as assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Serve on Central Team as Campus Assist overall ministries alignment across FP campuses.
- Understand, follow and assist the Forest Park organizational structure:
- Lead in enlistment, development and ongoing evaluation and coaching of campus pastoral staff, following guidelines set by Lead Pastor.
- Assist with church/campus ministries alignment.
- Follow FP systems, as outlined in policies manual, for budget prep, purchases, and financial management.
- Report attendance counts for worship services
- Preach up to 75% of the time, with Lead Pastor sermon video showing at least monthly.
- Be available to greet guests, answer questions, and offer support to those needing guidance, prayer, etc.
- Work with Campus Worship Pastor in planning of worship services.
- Work with the worship leaders to continually evaluate and improve the worship services.
- Create irresistible environments that are aligned with Lead Team design including sound, lighting, music, décor, signage, cleanliness, This includes parking lots, bathrooms, classrooms, worship center, etc.
- Ensure that guests are welcomed in such a way that they will want to return.
- Insure that appropriate announcements are communicated.
- Baptize new believers.
- Use FP systems, as outlined in FP policy manual, for dealing with offering.
- Oversee LifeGroups using FP systems including promotion, problem solving, leadership recruitment and development.
- Recruit and oversee key campus leaders, including those responsible for Café, First Impressions Team, Worship, Children’s Ministry, Preschool Ministry, Student Ministry, LifeGroups, and Facility Management.
- Work with student ministry and children’s ministry leaders to ensure an effective, dynamic program for kids including leader enlistment, check-in systems, curriculum, programming, follow-up, etc.
- Cultivate an evangelistic spirit by modeling the I3 process and promoting it.
- Offer pastoral care including hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, and encourage LifeGroups to support those in their groups.
- Ensure adherence to FP Risk Management policy.
- Five years full-time ministry experience
- College degree or better
- See job description above for the rest.