We are looking for a new senior pastor at Meadowdale Baptist Church to lead us in our mission of knowing Jesus and growing in Him. The pastor is to be the spiritual leader of the church. He is responsible to the Lord and the church to proclaim the gospel and teach the Bible. He is also to engage in pastoral care, provide supervisory leadership and administrate the paid and volunteer staff of the church. Please find all information about this opening at http://www.meadowdale.org/pastor-search
Your cover letter, resume, links to any media of services you have preached, and any questions can be emailed to [email protected]
Biblical qualifications and requirements:
- The Senior Pastor will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by the body of believers through ordination. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
- The Senior Pastor will equip, educate and edify the church as mandated in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- The Senior pastor will conform himself to the ministry expectations set forth in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
- The Senior Pastor will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- The Senior Pastor will exercise biblical authority and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in Hebrews 13:17 and as directed in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.
- The Senior Pastor will be qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, 2.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree with a commitment to continuing education.
- At a minimum, attended Seminary classes and demonstrates a commitment to continued professional and spiritual growth and development.
- Church ministry experience – prefer experience in a mid-sized church or larger.
- Able to build strong relationships with the congregation.
- Exhibits compassion for people of all walks of life.
- Strong in evangelism.
- Locally and Globally mission minded.
- Must have a strong daily relationship with God.
* Plan and coordinate the worship services with the minister of music; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
* Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and ministering to persons in the church and community.
* Perform wedding ceremonies & conduct funerals.
* Work with deacons, church officers, and ministry teams as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in their ministry.
* Act as moderator of church business meetings.
* Encourage all organizations and ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
* Provide pastoral care in conjunction with other staff and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
* Cooperate with association, state, denominational, and community leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development.
The position of Senior Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff.