The role of the Children’s Pastor/Director is to work toward creating an irresistible environment for the spiritual development of children at Community Baptist Church (CBC). The Children’s Pastor/Director will lead and develop volunteer teams, minister to families and kids (birth-5th grade), and involve KidSPACE (our children’s ministry) in the community to lead more families to Christ. He/She will facilitate weekend and mid-week campus activities and appropriate follow- up. This is a highly relational position, requiring a shepherd’s heart, a passion for age-appropriate discipleship, and an unrelenting concern for the lost.
RESPONSIBILITIES // You will:
- Grow CBC attendance by creating and implementing a strategy that draws families into the church through our Children’s Ministry;
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the KidSPACE team;
- Create a presence of KidSPACE ministry in the community;
- Minister to families and aid in connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home;
- Be a model for those who attend Community by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism;
- Collaborate with the Pastoral Staff on shared projects, seasonal initiatives, and pastoral functions to serve the church and community.
REQUIREMENTS // You are:
- Passionate about sharing Community’s ministry vision with families in the church, people in the community and volunteers;
- Able to build a team that leads and executes ministry by inspiring others to serve in KidSPACE;
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Christ by being relevant and providing a compelling space for them to connect with other kids and leaders;
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leaders of their child’s spiritual development;
- A strong communicator who listens well;
- A proven project manager with strong attention to detail and administrative skills;
- An experienced children’s ministry leader with a strong educational background;
- A team player and teambuilder who focuses on the good of the entire organization.
Please see church profile for more information on CBC and the area. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Jeanne at the CBC office: [email protected]