Brea Campus Kids’ Ministry Director
HOURS: 20 hours per week
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with education and experience
Our mission at Ambassador Church is to make and equip disciples of all nationalities to be Christ’s ambassadors to all the nations by loving God, one another, and the world.
- Leadership and Administration of Nursery-6th Grade Ministry
- Build, lead, and empower Kids’ Ministry teams to do the work of the ministry
- Lead volunteers to implement ministry goals and mission
- Coach and empower Kids’ Ministry volunteers
- Steward the annual Brea Kids’ Ministry budget
- Evaluate current and future needs of our education program and curriculum as needed
- Communication with other staff and church members on the needs of Kids’ Ministry
- Maintaining ministry equipment and supplies
- Help plan and organize church-wide VBS
- Arrange Kids’ Ministry during church gatherings
- Coordinate volunteer team for weekly setup and cleanup for Kids’ Ministry programs
- Ensure that the Kids’ Ministry strategy is in line with the purpose statement and mission of the church.
- Lead the Brea Kids’ Ministry team to reach strategic annual goals.
- Initiate new ways to involve a growing number of volunteers and parents in Kids’ Ministry.
- Operate creative volunteer appreciation gatherings.
- Create a safe and spiritually nourishing environment for families at church.
- Communicate the vision for Kids’ Ministry to the Church
The Brea Kids’ Ministry Director is directly accountable to the Campus Pastor. This accountability is maintained through personal contact and through weekly meetings.
- Campus Relationships:
The Brea Kids’ Ministry Director shall coordinate with the Lead Kids’ Ministry Director for common vision, curriculum, teacher, and volunteer training and policies and procedures.
- Hands-on experience working in Kids’ Ministry
- An ability to work with a positive and energetic team
- A desire to teach and mentor children in Biblical truth
- Growing Christian faith and character
- Must be a self-starter and able to complete long-term projects
- Ability to pass a background check
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church and a commitment to the mission of the church.
We are excited to hire someone to lead our fabulous Kids’ Ministry. We know this will be a special position for the right person. If you would like to apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]