The Journey Church in New York City has four locations across Manhattan and we’re looking for a talented, passionate and innovative individual to join our growing Worship Arts Staff. This position is a part-time role that will work in our Midtown Manhattan offices two days a week, lead rehearsal for their location on Thursday evening, and then lead worship at one of our Manhattan locations on Sunday.
- Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
- Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 150 volunteers?
- Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York City?
If you answer yes to the questions above, keep reading.
- At least 3 years of experience in worship/music ministry including leading on and off stage
- Proficiency in one or more instruments – strong vocal and stage presence
- Ability to work with tracks for our worship services in programs like Ableton Live, ProTools etc.
- Problem-solving skills under time pressure (all of our locations are portable, set up and tear down)
- Understanding that Worship Ministry is more than singing on Sundays. Think 80% equipping, 20% music.
- Creative but organized and hard-working.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty during load-in and load-out.
- Love challenges and always brings creative, doable solutions.
- Play guitar (electric or acoustic) and/or piano in a modern/contemporary setting.
- Be familiar with the Purpose Driven Model
- Be able to chart out a song in the Nashville Number System
- Be able to work with Pro Presenter in the context of a worship service
- Love the idea of living and doing ministry in the most influential city in the world
- Loud noises, large crowds, busy sidewalks and public transportation don’t bother you. In fact, they excite you.
- Lead worship 3 - 4 times a month at one of our Manhattan locations.
- Be responsible for recruiting and training weekend stage teams – band and production
- Be part of the creative team that helps plan and implement all creative ideas into our worship services each week.
Send your resume, links to a video of you leading worship and a cover letter to [email protected]
with the subject line: Manhattan Worship Leader. Although every qualified candidate will be considered, those that already live in NYC or the surrounding tri-state area will receive higher consideration.
Applications that do not include all three of these items listed above will not be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What excites you most about leading worship in New York City?
- What about you will cause you to stand out from other candidates for this position?