The Director of Worship is responsible for leading the church to accomplish its vision by leading the church to devote their lives to God through worship music.
1. Supervises all phases of the church’s Worship Ministry including budgeting organizing, planning, calendaring, promotion, coordinating, enlisting and training leaders.
2. In conjunction with the Pastor, plans meaningful worship experiences that are Biblical, evangelistic, and designed to encourage personal spiritual growth.
3. Builds, trains, and disciples a team of individuals who desire to use their talents in leading God’s people to worship.
4. Develops various musical/artistic choir, ensembles, and bands to provide the church with worship leadership, providing necessary training and rehearsal.
5. Oversees the church’s worship technologies.
6. Oversees the church’s Worship Center and other worship areas including maintenance of sound, lighting, video, and musical equipment.
7. Serves as a music/artistic resource to the other staff members and their respective ministries while providing, as time permits, direct musical leadership to the worship needs of those ministries.
8. Seeks continued personal educational development by attending conferences/training events related to worship leadership, and will remain fresh and relevant by observing worship services at other churches and listening to new worship music.
9. Ensures that all aspects of the church’s Worship Ministry is performed with excellence in order to glorify God and provide clarity to the Gospel message central to any worship experience.
10. Assists the Pastor with pastoral care.
Church averages 75-100 Sunday mornings. Choir averages 10-12 members.