COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR’S MISSION: To contribute to the church’s mission by working with the communications team in overseeing and facilitating clear communication within the church’s leadership and congregation, and to communicate the church’s mission and ministry to the mission field in which God has placed LCC.
WHEN THE COMMUNICATIONS MINISTRY IS AT PEAK EFFECTIVENESS: lines of communication within the staff and leadership will be quick, clear, regular, and accurate. All necessary information shared with the congregation will be timely, well organized, user-friendly, and engaging. Existing media will be used regularly and effectively, and emerging means of communication will be explored without hesitation. LCC will know their target audience and be able to provide them with temporal solutions in order to build the trust required to provide spiritual solutions.
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing or related field. Equivalencies in the form of experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications, and creative, and experience with the communication of the Christian message, especially with web-based media
- Proven track record of effective management of multiple teams in a complex environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new applications
- Experience with digital media buys, app development and web development
- Church ministry experience is strongly desired
- Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- History of successful team-building with various gift mixes – creatives, managers, programmers, etc.
- Strong and confident influencer with the ability to bring direction to other leaders
QUALITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strategic and consistent
- Analytic and organized
- Adaptable and flexible
- Positive and relational
- Is a deeply committed Christian, who lives out his/her faith through actions and words
- Has a passion to grow in faith and for others to know Christ
- Has a mature spiritual walk
- Is trustworthy and dependable
- Is teachable and open to honest critique and feedback
- Team player that works in cooperation with the Creative Team
- This person will oversee and ensure quality control of all internal and external communications for LCC and maintain timely and effective delivery to target markets from ministry to ministry
- This person will work with church and ministry leaders to develop and implement cohesive communications strategies and messages to increase community visibility and reach those not currently associated with the church
- This person will assemble, model servant leadership, and provide oversight of diversely skilled communications teams including digital, video, photography, print, story, copywriting, social media, and web development
- This person will develop and execute brand guidelines and materials that create a cohesive, consistent message from ministry to ministry
- This person will work with the communications team and other church and ministry leaders to develop and maintain communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, concisely, consistently, and effectively
- This person will oversee all public relations efforts, develop, and maintain relationships with local media outlets and other outside organizations
- This person will facilitate proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives. This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- This person will be aware of the public perception of LCC and cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness
- This person will have strong crisis management and preemptive planning skills
- This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling and attractive voice for LCC and project a positive image to the community
- This person will be current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family
- This person will oversee and manage the LCC’s communications budget
- This person will perform other duties as assigned
- This position reports to the Executive Pastor
LCC offers a competitive compensation package of salary and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement) commensurate with education and work experience. This is a full-time, salaried, professional position and particulars of compensation will be worked out with the successful candidate upon satisfactory completion of financial and criminal background checks.
If you think God might be calling you to this position, you are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and portfolio with samples of your original work.
This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
For more information and to apply, please contact: Jason Best, Executive Pastor. [email protected]