Interested in working in the Furniture Capital of the World? Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church (www.wesleymemorial.org) of High Point, NC is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries who will work cooperatively with clergy, program staff, and appropriate lay leadership to ensure that children’s ministry opportunities support and strengthen the congregational mission, vision, and goals as well as the vision for the children’s ministry. In addition, the director will work in partnership with the Children’s Ministry Team to design and implement ministries and programs for children’s ministry that include, but are not limited to: Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Special events such as Trunk-Or-Treat, Hanging of the Greens, Children’s Nativity, and Palm Sunday Easter Extravaganza, Bible Explorers (Sunday evening), and Wednesday evening program. The church is also seeking someone who can lead the Children’s Ministry Team in imagining and implementing new initiatives to help children and their families grow spiritually and to grow the children’s ministry numerically.
Qualifications for this position are:
- BA or equivalent in Education/Christian Education/Child Development/Family Relations or related field. MA preferred.
- Three years of previous significant, successful experience in developing children and family programs in a medium or large congregational setting.
- Knowledge of theory and techniques required to manage and maintain a vital children’s ministry in a large congregation.
- Current experience in the recruitment, development, and management of a significant number of volunteers.
- Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of basic business functions.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]