Business Operations Director
TITLE OF POSITION: Business Operations Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor of Operations
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
PEERS WITH: Other Directors
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Business Operations Director is responsible for managing and maintaining the integrity of the business affairs of the church in the areas of finance and budgeting, human resources, insurance, office management, information technology and risk management to support the ministry and mission of BACC.
RESPONSIBILITIES: These are the primary responsibilities of this position:
- Lead accountant responsible for maintaining the church’s accounting system including the general ledger, chart of accounts and sound internal controls in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Develop, oversee and improve our budget preparation process on an annual basis.
- Interact with the Executive Pastor of Operations and the Elder Board monthly regarding our financial positions and performance.
- Prepare and distribute financial information in various formats as well as to satisfy audit requests
- Ensure excellence and efficiency in our business operations providing oversight and direction in the areas of insurance, legal/risk management, banking relationships, etc.
- Engage the Executive Pastor of Operations assisting in decisions and other executive level analysis for the finance, HR, IT, legal and other business areas for the church
- Oversee and manage Human Resource functions including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, policy development and implementation, and compliance.
- Lead and supervise the employees of the finance, HR, IT and office support teams.
- Has a clear testimony of faith in Christ and a vital growing personal relationship with Him
- Spiritually mature, models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
- Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for Bay Area Community Church & our ministry
- Reliable, hard worker who multitasks well
- Self-starter who shows initiative and innovation skills
- Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the team
- Teachable and approachable
- Administratively gifted
- Excellent critical thinking skills, strong ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in fund and cash accounting
- SHRM certification or willing to become SHRM certified
- 5+ years experience in supervising staff
- Experience in financial and database programs ( ex. ACS, CCB, Elexio, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Excel
- Good analytical skills
- Forward thinking and creative to keep systems and processes current and effective
- Familiar with insurance needs, banking, taxes, and governmental and legal requirements related to non-profits