Highrock Church with congregations in Cambridge, Arlington, Lexington, MetroWest & Online
- Full Time
- Salary: $62k - $72k
- Location: Partially Remote; Office in Arlington or Lexington, MA
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Supervises two employees
- Start: No later than September 1, 2021
The Highrock CALM+Online Financial Director works for the largest of the Highrock churches with congregations in Cambridge, Arlington, Lexington, MetroWest and Online. The church has a staff of 30+ people and owns facilities in 3 of its locations. In addition to a Capital Campaign, the church’s operation budget is in excess of $5M this fiscal year. Highrock is a dynamic work environment with new initiatives, campuses, mergers, property acquisitions, capital campaigns, and capital improvements in each fiscal year. Highrock CALM+Online is part of The Highrock Network of Churches, a family of independent Churches in the greater Boston area with shared mission and values. This role’s responsibilities are to serve the five aforementioned congregations that make up Highrock CALM+Online, but there may be consulting opportunities with the other Highrock Churches in the larger Highrock Network.
Highrock’s mission is to create communities that encourage questions and inspire each other to love like Jesus. We do that by living out our five values: hospitality, humility, honesty, curiosity, and solidarity. Our hope is that every staff and member of Highrock would be marked by these values and desire to see this mission advanced in the Greater Boston area and beyond.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Manage multi-site, multi-million dollar budget
- Assure excellence in accounting and associated reporting requirements
- Responsible for:
- the production of accurate and timely monthly financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow
- accurate and effective execution of core fiscal operations, including accounting, accounts payable, billing, purchasing, payroll operations and all required external reporting
- preparation of financial plans and forecasts based on the strategies determined by the senior management team
- assuring timely responses to internal and external audit recommendations and seeing that corrective action plans are developed and implemented where needed
- gathering and publishing various financial reporting and analysis including historical, current, and forward-looking financial plans
- providing financial support for the executive team, including preparing Board and financial presentations, evaluating business operations, capital expenditure analysis and other projects as required.
- Develop and implement goals, policies and procedures in accounting and financial reporting, playing a critical role in driving forward strategic initiatives to help the church develop and grow.
- Oversee and manage the finance team and manage the continual improvement of systems and processes.
- Plan, supervise and assist the finance team in performing daily, weekly and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify and control financial transactions
- Amend work schedules and assignments contingent upon needs of Organization and individuals served
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements through research, planning and implementation as needed.
- Assist with special projects, technical accounting analysis, and ad-hoc reporting
- Update internal policies, procedures and controls to govern the fiscal activity of the organization. Ensure compliance with all applicable city, state, federal and professional standards and regulations.
- Capable of multi-tasking while adhering to internal and/or external operational and financial deadlines.
- Promote ongoing positive communication with all stakeholders, including staff, participants, family members, internal directors, and Board of Councilors
- Adhere to Highrock’s policies and procedures, respect confidentiality and maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ demonstrated through Christ-like character and love.
- Alignment with Highrock’s vision, mission, theology, and values.
- Passionate about working in and supporting non-profit or church organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Strong Word, Excel & Quickbooks skills required
- Management experience in 501(c)(3) organizations; Non-profit, Church, or public accounting experience is strongly preferred
- CPA certification is a plus
- Prior staff management experience is a plus
- Analytical self-starter who produces quality work in a timely fashion
- Strong emphasis on teamwork
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and internal presentations
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].