Director of Worship and Music, 2021
North Garland Baptist Fellowship
Position Reports to: Senior Pastor
Responsible for supervising all music related to worship services and church activities. The Director of Worship and Music develops and promotes a comprehensive church music program in all areas of church life.
- The Director of Worship and Music may arrange his for her own schedule as needed during the week, to ensure that all duties are performed in a manner consistent with job description. Must be physically present on all Sundays, excluding vacation and emergency sick leave days. He or she must be available in the office one day per week (flexible time) for meetings with staff or members. Such time is arranged with supervisor.
- This job requires 25-30 hours per week with flexible scheduling. Start date, Sept-Oct 2021
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Coordinates and plays for the music ministry at North Garland Baptist Fellowship.
- Work with the pastor or his appointee with developing services that are musically uplifting, and at times support and enhance the message of the day.
- Provide servant leadership in the music ministry, focusing on supervising the current and or assigned music ministry teams.
- Supervise and enlist worship and music leadership.
- Encourage the use of the artistic gifts (music, drama, dance, writing, vocal & instrumental, etc.) of individuals.
- May include such tasks as keyboard accompaniment, adult/youth/children’s choir director, instrumental director or vocalist.
- Responsible for providing musical leadership for all worship services, including Sundays, some midweek services, seasonal/holiday programs, special services and other areas.
- Responsible for updating Pastor on spiritual health of music department.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Media and Arts Ministry, attend regular staff meetings, and work with Media/Arts Ministry for short and long-term planning.
- Assume minor, major, executive and administrative duties as assigned by the pastor that fall within the skill set of the staffer.
- Attending leadership training and development course once a year is required.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Pastor. Such would be based on the spiritual gifts of the staffer.
- A strong desire to see North Garland Baptist Fellowship grow spiritually, numerically, fiscally and physically.
- Relevant training or qualification.
- Fully devoted to the Lord and be committed to expressing that devotion through heart-felt worship consistent with the Baptist and Evangelical tradition.
- Spiritually gifted in the areas of leadership, and possesses skills for community building and encouragement. Gifted in people management skills, a good listener, motivational and willing to be a servant leader.
- Concerned with the spiritual welfare of music ministry participants and desire to serve and facilitate the strengthening of their skills.
- Training and experience in worship planning and solid music skills including but not limited to the ability to direct. Keyboard playing abilities is a plus.
Punctuality; verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; confidentially; planning and organizing; interpersonal skills; initiative; reliability; Christian service.
Active membership in North Garland Baptist Fellowship. Minimum of two years experience in music ministries desired. Unless otherwise noted, commitment of 5 years with additional three months to train and transition new director required. Must be committed to an orthodox understanding of the Christian faith and adhere to our doctrinal beliefs as published on our website and in new members packet. Finally, loving Jesus faithfully and passionately, and leading others to do the same is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel and volunteers may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Also, North Garland Baptist Fellowship (NGBF) is an at-will employer which means that either you or NGBF is free to end the employment or the position relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.