POSITION TITLE: Minister to Children & their Families (Children’s Minister)
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time (20-25 hours per week).
STARTING SALARY: $20,000
REPORTS TO: Pastor
REQUIREMENTS: The Children’s Minister must be a Christian (not a new convert), and must agree with our church’s statement of faith. Education and experience in children’s ministry is preferred.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: The Children’s Minister will acknowledge and submit to the authority of the Lord while leading parents/guardians and children to join the mission of First Baptist Church Willow Park and the global church.
The Children’s Minister will submit to the authority and leadership of the Pastor while serving as an integral member of the staff. This person will also provide spiritual and practical leadership to children, parents/guardians, and children’s ministry volunteers in a Christlike and appropriate manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Children’s Minister fall under the main categories of discipleship, administration & communication, and spiritual leadership.
- Plan and execute an overall curriculum plan that provides a balanced and comprehensive discipleship process for children, ages birth through 6th grade. This plan should include:
- The equipping of parents to disciple their own children, including basic childhood development education and Christ-like engagement of the culture
- The children participating in authentic personal and corporate worship
- The building blocks of prayer
- The understanding of sin, forgiveness, and salvation through Jesus
- The importance of sharing Christ with others and how to do that
ADMINISTRATION & COMMUNICATION
- Plan & oversee regular events including but not limited to: Vacation Bible School, Trunk or Treat, Summer Camp. Events should be utilized for the purpose of reaching families in the community with the Gospel and further discipleship of the children in our church.
- Create and successfully execute an annual children’s ministry budget according to the church’s policies and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the Student Minister to transition children from the children’s ministry to the student ministry.
- Appropriately recruit, train, and equip volunteers for Sunday School, Worship Care, and other church activities as needed. This would also include the hiring & supervision of paid nursery workers and maintaining MinistrySafe Training & background checks for all volunteers and workers.
- Represent the children’s ministry during staff meetings, church council, and business meetings, as well as attend other church functions.
- Able to use and communicate through email, text, Microsoft, and Google programs.
- The Children’s Minister is expected to maintain a strong personal relationship with the Lord so that they are able to appropriately guide parents and volunteers with wisdom from the Lord, supplemented with necessary training opportunities.
- Lead volunteers and teachers by example to build personal relationships with the children and their families.
- Make prayer an integral part of the children’s ministry in both planning for events and incorporated into ministry programs.