Sherwood Baptist Church is making a lasting difference around the world by leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. We are a ministry that exist to Honor God; Unify Communities; and Build People. At Sherwood Baptist Church (SBC), ministry is at the heart of who we are and what we do. Fulfilling Gods great commission through a spirit of excellence allows us to be a place where all people can connect and grow. Ministry happens beyond the walls of the church every day.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is to disciple children (grade K to grade 6), SBC Kids Ministry team members and empower families to cultivate the Next Generation with their relationship with Christ.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
· BA/BS with minimum of 2 years of ministry serving experience
· Strong execution focus and attention to detail
· Strong work ethic, proactive and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong Organizational and time management skills
· Highly developed communication skills; articulate verbally and in writing
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
· Works well with others and within a team
· Creative and innovative
· Leadership background and experience serving with children and families
· Project management experience
· Experience could be considered in lieu of education
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
SBC Kids Ministry
· Plan, develop, implement and execute all aspects of SBC Kids ministry in the areas of spiritual development, worship, discipleship (for children and SBC Kids Ministry Team Members), growth, mission, and outreach.
· Disciple children in developing their spiritual, and leadership skills.
· Be a liaison between SBC and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to SBC Kids and other ministries.
· Maintain, manage and monitor all Kids programing
· Create, manage, monitor and maintain the SBC Kids budget.
· Oversee all aspects of department administration to include: budget forecasting, purchasing, and departmental account tracking.
· Make yourself available to children in a variety of ways with supervision (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
· Ongoing contact with students, staff, parents and leaders.
· Ongoing contact with SBC Pastors and staff members.
· Be an advocate for children and educate our constituents about the hopes, concerns and needs of children at SBC and our community.
· Oversee special event planning to include but not limited to annual Vacation Bible School (VBS), SBC Kids seasonal events, & SBC Kids Ministry Team appreciation events.
SBC Kids Ministry Team
· Mentor, manage and disciple SBC Kids Ministry Team Members.
· Recruit and train Team members who work with children in all aspects of the ministry and ensure adequate support and adult to children ratios.
· Create quarterly goals for SBC Kids and Ministry Teamers.
· Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services.
SBC Kids Curriculum
· Create resources for SBC Kids programming
· Develop, research, and provide curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of SBC.
· Create and participate with small group curriculum
SBC Kids Leadership & Development
· Participate in continuing education, events and training opportunities.
· Conduct research of other churches regarding their approach to ministry
· Communicate in a timely manner (24-48 hour) and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
· Create and prepare monthly communications for SBC Kids Ministry Team members.
· Create and prepare monthly communications for SBC Kids parents.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· All other duties as assigned
· Full commitment to the ministry
· Position requires ongoing development
· Position requires hours outside normal business hours
· Position may require extended work hours
· Position may require travel
· A background check will be required
· Professing Baptist Christian
· Willing to join SBC
· Positive attitude
· Possess a humble, cooperative, and willing attitude.
· Heart of a servant
· Share the vision of SBC to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
· High-capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· The ability and willingness to drive their personal vehicle or a SBC vehicle
· The ability to lift large/heavy objects (50 lbs.)
Moulton Baptist Church
Whitesburg Baptist Church
The Worship Center Christian Church
San Diego Calvary Korean Church
Grace Ann Arbor West
The Bay Church